WHAT IS THE GRAPHIC ARTS COUNCIL?
A group of graphic professionals representing a vast array of graphic arts industry related businesses in Northern Ohio. These individuals volunteer their time and expertise to foster the Graphic Arts Industry in Northern Ohio.
Formed in 1953 for the purpose of handling the observance of Printing Week and to coordinate the activities of local graphic arts groups, the Graphic Arts Council has five major objectives:
- to explain the breadth and importance of the graphic arts industry.
- to illustrate the enterprise and progress of this rapidly changing industry.
- to encourage and provide direction to local youth considering a graphic arts career.
- to promote fuller cooperation and trade understanding between graphic arts groups.
- to recognize and pay tribute to outstanding leaders in this industry, past and present, by induction in the Graphic Arts Council Hall of Distinction, an annual event.
The program of the council includes a year-round effort working with Greater Cleveland high schools and colleges to inform oncoming generations of the potentials of the industry. Specifically, we provide scholarships each year to deserving students in the printing technology, commercial art, and related graphic arts. You are encouraged to be part of this worthwhile activity and aid in our quest to attract quality young people into this growing industry of ours.
Contact us at:
The Graphic Arts Council of Cleveland
1 Allen Bradley Drive
Mayfield Heights, Ohio 440124
[ Home / About GAC / Outstanding Students and Benny Awards / Hall of Distinction / Internships, Co-Ops & Training / Job Bank / Seminar & Events / Membership & Scholarship ]